Sunday, April 01, 2007

The Tudors

The Tudors started on Showtime tonight and I couldn't be more thrilled! Having just visited London and Hampton Court, I was thrilled to see some of the scenes details.


The Tudors

I blogged about my trip to London, which immediately came to mind when I watched the show. One small but critical detail that immediately caught my attention was the wood paneling in Woolsey's rooms. The movie portrayed it just like I remembered it!

Call me a nerd, but I am fascinated by the medieval and renaissance eras, so I'm thrilled to see this show. I'm hoping it has a huge following and will remain on the air for at least a couple seasons. I'm thinking it will because of the large following of such things as the Society for Creative Anachronisms (I'm not a big fan of this) and Renaissance Festivals (I'm a huge fan of these) nationwide.

It all just makes me want to reread Philipppa Gregory's novels, especially The Other Boleyn Girl. I've heard they made a movie out of it, but apparently it was only released in the UK.

No comments: