Tuesday, September 25, 2007

5 minute blog post

My challenge: in no more than five minutes I want to respond to today's 1101 class at the HEC:

I am really intrigued by many of the essay topics that emerged from the prewriting today. Some were very creative and fresh. Some I worry about being "rants" much like the second sample we read today. I like the "rap is important" idea because it has a message for the reader. The topic throws out the misconceptions people may have about rap music (or at least I hope it does). I am surprised by the babysitting topic presented. I never would have thought about it the way the writer proposed to construct it. For some people who didn't produce much writing today, I worry about how your draft will form. Will you wait until the night it is due and churn out a first-draft-perfect essay? I hope not, but I do not know. Will you finally discover what your purpose is? Who are you writing for?

As I skimmed through your work today, I tried to provide some guidance. If you don't feel you got any, let me know!

In short, if I can sum up today's experience in a sentence:

If you are excited about what you are writing about, it makes ME excited to read what you are writing about. And my five minutes are up.

No comments: