Friday, September 07, 2007

What I'm currently reading

Before I can fall asleep at night, I usually need to separate from the course and project work that I probably just set aside five minutes before collapsing into bed. To help "separate," I read or watch mindless TV. Yes, I'm not afraid to admit it. The more horrendous my day has been, the dumber the show has to be.

Last week, after spending hours on the computer, I've been reading Alastair McLeod's No Great Mischief which is about Scots living in Canada, and it is steeped in Gaelic language and culture. Even if I don't read it for a day or two, when I do pick it up again, I'm immediately drawn in.


The mindless TV? Two are absolutely hilarious to me: Rock of Love and The Pick-Up Artist. Can shows get any dumber? If you want mindlessness and to shake your head at the stupidity of others, these are the shows to tune into. Silly, silly shows.


I'm waiting for the next season of Amazing Race though. I love that show! I could never be a contestant; I'd want to do touristy things, not run like mad through a muddy field before hopping on a ostrich, finding an obscure shop, eating weird foods unpronounceable to the average American, and then jetting off to Machu Picchu to do it all over again. :)

And there is my unwind for the night.

No comments: