Monday, January 14, 2008

First Day!

The first day of class is over! I had two classes today: both are ENGL 1102s, but one is at the Higher Ed Center and one is on campus. Both classes seemed filled with eager students; I'm looking forward to reading their first journal entries to see what they thought of Monica Ware's "Mislaid Plans" and Linda Pastan's "Jump Cabling."

There were many very positive reactions to The Kite Runner as an alternative to Tess of the d'Urbervilles. I worry that the reading is too light, but the discussions may be more productive as a result.

My online students are already busy--some have taken the first two quizzes (one on the syllabus, one for practice) and posted their introduction. When they mail me their diagnostic essay, they will have pretty much completed Unit 1!

Tomorrow I get to meet my ENGL1101 class, but I have to wait until January 31st to meet the other ENGL 1101 class (blended/accelerated class).

No comments: