Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Green Thumb

I do not have a green thumb. I have two houseplants I've kept alive for at least five years and one I've had for a little over a month (thanks, Jenyo). Today, however, with the help of the in-laws, we have a little garden patch in one corner of our backyard, tucked behind the hot tub. We have 20 strawberry plants, a row of corn, a row of carrots, 7 pepper plants, 4 or so cucumber plants, lil' pumpkins, a couple of beans, peas and tomato plants. We also planted a about a dozen perennials around the flowerbeds (2 sides of house anyways). The tulips on the south side are in bloom. We now only need to add wood chips to the beds and some under the tree by the garage, and that should be it for planting and landscaping this year. The weather was absolutely gorgeous as you know if you live in the F-M area. I hope you all got to soak up some rays today.

Front flower bed:

North side:

South side:



garden shot 1 (strawberries take up most of corner; start of corn and carrot rows that run along the fence are marked by the short trellis):



garden shot 2 (beans, peas, pepper, pumpkin and my clematis vines):

No comments: