Sunday, January 24, 2010

It's a two-fer!

Yea. I haven't been on the blog in a long time...but it came up in a conversation, so here I am, writing a second post for the night! I was stumbling and came across Jim Carrey's website. It's a feast for the eyes so I was happily clicking around to watch things glow and move. Then I clicked on a link that opened Mr. Carrey's twitter page. I skimmed through it and thought, how funny it would be to read a Jim Carrey tweet. And then I felt dirty.

You see, I'm not fond of celebrity watching nor most of the celeb-reality shows out there. That is not to say I don't watch any reality TV. Oh no! Shows like Hoarders inspire me to live my life better. Survivor, American Idol, Project Runway, and The Amazing Race give me someone to cheer for. Oh sure, I went through a phase and read all the entertainment rags, watched The Osbournes, and obsessed forever about all things Bon Jovi, but I realized I would much rather live my life than watch someone else live theirs! Shows like Sweet Sixteen, Housewives of... series and The Kardashians don't hold my interest at all. I have absolutely no desire to watch their supposedly fab lives and their drama.

And that, quite simply, is why I decided not to follow Jim's tweets. He is a very funny man, and I'm sure his tweets would be giggle-worthy, but I just can't do it. There will be no celebrity tweets for me, thank you.

No comments: